Tuesday, September 13, 2011

~ONE YEAR~..but I don't think he is thinking about that...

Hello mi querida familia!

How is everybody doing on this fine and beautiful rainy day here in Sunny South Florida? It sounds like everybody is doing well, and I am grateful to hear that. How are you doing in school Big-D? How is Matty doing? I hope that all is going well with everyone. So as far as weather goes it has been hot this week, but rainy. Right now actually it is raining really hard outside lol. Dad I can't wait for you to come to Florida and witness a thunder and lightning storm here. It's nothing like you have ever seen before. The thunder is so bad that it literally shakes our apartment. The other day my companion was not feeling good so he was laying down, and it started storming. I saw this huge flash of lightning, and before I could blink again this HUGE clap of thunder just goes roaring. It was awesome. I thought right of you when I heard that thunder. It was incredible. I thought about that storm up at Flaming Gorge when you and Grandpa went down to the dock and I was scared to death, looking back that was nothing lol. It's awesome.

So as far as the package, I have not yet received it. It's ok though with transfers and everything I am sure that the office will send it out soon. I might even get it today. Who knows we'll see. Thank you so much for sending it though! I am super excited to receive it though. I have been waiting for it. Thank you for loving me and sending me a package.

So Hermana Martinez is basically my Mom in this area. I actually met her when I was in Miami Lakes because she is the Stake Geneology coordinator or something, so she was always at the Miami Lakes chapel on Wednesdays. She was praying for me to come here to Hialeah, and look where I am haha. I love her to death. She does take very good care of us and me, and I will be sure to let her know that you send your love and thanks to her. She really is a great lady, and a great member of the church of Jesus Christ. They are such a great family and we love them a lot and they mean a lot to us. They gave me those sweet aviators. I like them a lot. I still would like some bigger aviators, but these ones are really good.

So with those two little old ladies in the pictures, we were teaching them. I say were because with the transfers, our area boundaries changed so they belong to the other Elders that we live with. It's ok I still see them at church. I love them so much, they are so cute.

Please give President Meservy a big hug for me and tell him thank you. When I heard about stake conference I got a little emotional thinking about President Meservy. That man means a lot to me. Tell him thank you so much for always sending me an update letter on the stake and a very inspired and spiritually uplifting talk by an Apostle.
I still haven't found "The One Family" that President Coombs was talking about, but as you said Mother, it could have been and be many families and people. I'm going forward to find this family. I want to find them.

This week has been a week full of miracles. I would like to share a couple stories with you:
Elder Osborn and I went harvesting yesterday. A couple of days before I got this impression that we needed to knock this certain street close to the chapel. We started knocking. A little while later we came to this house with a "welcome" sign out on the front and I said, "Look Elder, they have already welcomed us. This is the door we are getting in." An older lady answered the door and wasted no time letting us in. We gave her the blessing, her husband and others did not want to join us. We got back up off of our knees and asked testified of that Spirit. We then asked her if we could come back and she wasted no time saying, yes. She walked out with us and waved us bye.

A little while later we knocked this door and this guy came out and answered. He asked us, "Is it only going to take a moment?" He said moment, I couldn't believe it. It was amazing. We said yes it's just going to take a moment of your time. So he let us in. We got to know the family a little bit. We asked if there was anything in specific that they would like us to pray for. A lady that was there, Madelyn, said, "I have somebody. My dad." I have never really had anybody tell me somebody in specific like that, I loved it. We knelt and gave the blessing. After the blessing, she was emotional. As we testified of that Spirit and who and where we come from, her tears started getting thicker and heavier. It was a very powerful moment. The man who answered the door could feel the Spirit too.
There have been many more miracles than that, but I just wanted to share a couple with you.

I want you all to know how happy I am for you, and how proud I am of you. I see your progression each time I read your letters. You all are amazing. I love you all so much. Everything that you are learning, I am learning too. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is true, and has been restored to us again. I continue to urge you all to fulfill that challenge that I gave you last week. I have been thinking in that and am really looking forward to your letters coming soon. Take care all of you, and have a great week going forth in the knowledge of truth, standing up being an example of the believers, standing up in all righteousness. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,
Your Son, Brother, and Uncle
Elder Hardman

No comments:

Post a Comment