Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Last Letter from the MTC

Before I say anything:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER!!!! I LOVE YOU! How was all of your birthday? Sounds like you and Papa had a really good time! I'm very glad to hear that! FELIZ CUMPLIANOS!
Also... "I'M LEAVIN' ON A JET PLANE! I DON'T KNOW WHEN I'LL BE BACK AGAIN." Yes, I got my travel plans last Thursday and I am leaving this Tuesday!!!!!! I'm so flippin' excited! I am so ready! I love being a missionary! I'm still now sure what time I will call you from the airport, but it will be between 5:00 and 8:00 in the morning. I make a stop in Atlanta, then to Ft. Lauderdale! I'll hand write y'all a letter today and give you more details, I don't have my plans with me right now.

I love being a missionary. This is amazing. It is amazing to me how the Lord totally takes over and talks to people. I am merely the person who does it for him here on the Earth. He works in both. And he also works in each because sometimes only one person can say what the other person needs to hear. It is truly amazing, and it is an absolutely wonderful opportunity to be his messenger. I am in his hands. I'm not out here for myself or anything. I am only out here to take His Gospel to those people who are in need of it, and who have been prepared by God. This is not my work. This is His work. He needs me, and I am out here for him. What a great blessing that is. I am so excited to go and talk and meet with the people in Ft. Lauderdale because I know that that's where the Lord needs me to his instrument for those people. This is for Him, and for the people, not me. I love it! I say that in the Sacred Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Okay now for "details."
Dad please call and check that my bike has been delivered. How unfortunate that would be lol. I really hope that my first area is a biking area. But either way, I know that that is where the Lord needs me at that time. I may not know specifically why, but I know that it is true. This Gospel is true. We are put in the right place at the exact right time that we need to be by the Lord in order to help the Children of God return back to him. I'm so glad that you could go to the temple with Kaitlin! I'm sure that that was a beautiful experience. Because I love the temple. Today was my last time that I can go to the Temple for 22 months! I'm so sad! But trust me, I made sure that I got a hefty feast of Spirit during initiatories, and a hefty feast of temple food afterwards lol.
I can't believe my cousin Kaitlin is getting married! I'm so excited for her! I love you cousin Kaitlin and Jordan!
This week has just been an amazing week. Elder David A. Bednar came and spoke to us on Wednesday! Yeah it was sweet! He talked on how the Answer to everything is always in the Doctrine. It is only in the Doctrine. To understand the principles and applications, you need to understand the Doctrine. The first two are essential, but are nothing without understanding the Doctrine. It truly has helped me understand that that is what Investigators need to understand in order to have the Holy Ghost confirm the truthfulness upon them because the Holy Ghost CANNOT bare witness if they don't understand. They need to make that connection for themselves, and need to understand through the Doctrine found in the Scriptures so that they don't become dependent on other people to answer their questions and stuff. It was truly amazing. Not a bad way to end my devotionals here in the good old MTC.
Okay so I have to admit, I'm really going to miss all of my district here in the MTC. We all have gotten so close together to each other. And our teachers. Our teachers are amazing, and truly led by God to teach us the things that we need to know in the Gospel, and how to take this Beloved Gospel in Spanish to those wonderful people in our missions. One of our teachers yesterday said that anything that we have learned has never been from him, but from God and Jesus Christ. He takes absolutely no credit. He is truly one of the most humble persons that I have ever met We all love our teachers.
Thank you Morgan and all those who work on my blog for keeping that up I love you!!!
Okay so that is really crazy that Karli Tyson got called to the exact same mission that I am going to! I read that and almost started to freak! I am SO excited for her, and if you see her tell her that I am.
Well family not a whole lot to report on this week, but if I think of anything else I will write it in the hand letter that I will write home today. I'm excited to get my package, and if you wanted to throw some beef jerky and some more easy cheese in there I wouldn't be too opposed. I'm just sayin' Ma and Pa. LoL I love you guys.
There isn't any other place that I'd rather be. I love you family! All of my family! Extended and all! Tell Stacy Jerry and Brady that I say Hello and that I love them. Tell Stacy she better write me in the mission sometime lol. Oh by the way thank you so much for sending my mission address. I'll need that. Thank you very much Ma and Pa.
Well family it be time to get going. I love you all so much, from the bottom of my heart! I love this Gospel from the absolute bottom of my heart, and is the true and only way to happiness here on this Earth, and in the world to come. I love you all very much, and thank you all so much for all of your love, and support, and prayers in my behalf. You too are being blessed everyday. Look for at least one way you can see the hand of the Lord in your life each and every day. I promise you that you can't go one day without seeing his hand. I love you guys.
Talk to you on Tuesday!
Love,
Your son, brother, uncle
Elder Hardman

No comments:

Post a Comment