Monday, November 22, 2010

First Report from Florida

Como estan? Todo Bien? Espero todo bien.

How is everything going back home? Honestly I didn't even think about the snow, because everytime I walk out the door it's a perfect 75 degrees, and not too humid. I think that I am starting to get used to the humidity. A little bit at least.

So as you already might know I am in West Palm Beach Central. It is a really nice area, and we live in a little town house. It is really nice I love it. Elder Sepulveda and I live with the Zone Leaders, Elder Robinson and Elder Lopez. It has been interesting because we didn't have any Investigators in this area. Needless to say, we have been contacting a lot. I made two potential investigators this week. Granted one of them was in English, but hey I'll take it. Okay speaking of language. Wow. I can't understand a thing most of the time lol. I feel bad because we'll go over to a member's house or something and they'll start talking to me and I just get this dumbfounded look on my face. It's so hard. This is such a challenge. Not to mention that my companion is a native from Puerto Rico.

But, he's been learning English so we haven't had a problem communicating. He is a great companion, and really really is striving to find the prepared people and wants to bring others unto Christ. He is a

great Elder, and I am so very lucky to have him as my first companion. I'm

just trying to get the hang of things. This is so hard!

Oh, this is a biking area too. It's really nice because that is what I wanted while it was nicer weather outside. But wow do I sweat. We all do.

My helmet is usually soaked lol. But it's okay. Yes mother I have been drinking lots of water it's all good.

So the plane rides were good. Except everytime on the decent I couldn't hear for a while after we landed because my ears were hurting so bad. It's all good though. So from Salt Lake to Georgia I was sitting next to this man named Dave. (Bare in mind it was a 3 hour flight). We got talking before we even took off from Salt Lake, and didn't stop talking all the way until we landed in Georgia. I hope you can guess what we were talking about. Anywho long story short, I gave him a Book of Mormon. It was pretty cool. He had a lot of questions, but I know that the Lord was guiding me in what to say. It was pretty sweet.

I'm glad that the party was fun and everything, it sounds like it was a great time. I'm glad that the kids did that for you Mother. Thank you all for doing that! Oh before I forget tell April that I got one letter of hers in the MTC about Karli Tyson. I don't know if she wrote any others than that one. ANywho, I'm glad that I could be there for the party! I hope you didn't cry too much Mother lol. Or anybody else for that matter lol. I'm sorry that it's getting so cold there, but hopefully you'll have a White Christmas this year. Elder Sepulveda and I are striving to have a White Christmas this year, if you know what I mean. We really want to have a White Christmas this year here in West Palm Beach.

The food here is good. Lots of rice and beans but it's all good. I'm happy that I am on a bike though. By the end of the night, Elder Sepulveda and I are so tired we have no trouble getting to sleep lol. We plan, pray, and hit the sack. It's crazy how tired we get. But that's a good thing.

I love the people here though. They are very nice, loving, and love the fact that I'm learning Spanish lol. They always want to hear from the Americano to hear his Spanish haha. It's pretty funny. Oh, my bike did get here if you haven't caught on to that yet haha. So don't worry about that.

I want to thank you all for you supporting me in every way. I thank you for your sacrifices to pay for this mission. I am so deeply grateful for your love and support.

I know that this Gospel is true. I know that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ, with Jesus Christ on the right hand of God. Jesus Christ has suffered so much, and knows exactly what we are going through. He wants us to be happy, and strong. He wants me hear on this mission. He knows that there is somebody that I need to find here. I don't know it, but he knows why I am here in this area at this time. He knows why I am learning Spanish. Even though it is so hard, he knows why I am. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love you all with all of my heart! I thank you so much for EVERYTHING!

Love,

Your Son, Brother, and Uncle

Elder Hardman

No comments:

Post a Comment